CA CPT Exam special tips to improve your marks
Chartered Accountancy is one of the most lucrative professions in India, and the CA-CPT exam is the first step towards becoming a successful CA. Out of the 70,321 aspirants who gave the CPT exam in December 2016, only 46% qualified for IPCC.
CA experts at CAPrep18 have just the right tips for CPT aspirants desirous of qualifying for IPCC.
10 Tips for CA CPT Students for Dec 2017 Exam
- Aim to score at least 120 marks by answering at least 170 questions so that you qualify for IPCC.
- Each wrong answer carries a negative mark so attempt all the questions ONLY if you are confident about your answers.
- First, solve the questions that you find easy to answer.
- Attempt the difficult questions only after you have solved the easy ones.
- The options in the MCQ pattern of the exam hold the hint to understand the question. Read carefully.
- First, reject the obvious wrong options. This will help you zero down on the most appropriate answer.
- Do not take a blind guess in case you are still confused as this will add to your negative marking.
- Do not waste time on theory questions as you will need time to solve the practical questions.
- First attempt to solve either Law or Economics within 40 minutes followed by about 90 minutes to Accounts or Quantitative Aptitude. Follow this pattern for both the sessions of CPT
- Increase your speed for the easier questions so that you have time left for the tricky ones.
It is the first step that is often the most difficult, isn’t it? CA-CPT preparation requires the aspirant to embark on a study routine that is both times bound and meticulous. We hope the expert tips help you to successfully crack your CPT exam.