CA Examination: Tips for Online Application Submission
Following the discontinuation of physical forms for CA examinations, all candidates have to submit examination application forms online only at http://icaiexam.icai.org. Read to know the changes made with effect from the May 2017 examinations onwards.
Final candidates and Direct Entry candidates of Intermediate (IPC) through graduate/postgraduate route are required to scan and upload their Certificate of Service, duly signed by their Principal/s on the portal. Unless the Certificate of Service is uploaded, candidates will not be able to complete their submission of the examination form online.
Format of the Certificate of Service is available on the said portal. Candidates are advised to print, fill and get the certificate signed by their Principal and keep it handy before commencing filling of the examination application form online.
Candidates whose photographs and signatures are in the examination database, i.e. those whose photographs and signatures are displayed on the screen, on the portal, when they log in are not required to take a printout (PDF) of the exam form and submit it.
Candidates whose photographs and signatures are not in the exam database, i.e. those whose photographs and signatures are not displayed on the screen, are required to fill the examination application form, print the profile form, affix their photographs and signatures at the designated place, get the form attested by a Chartered Accountant or Gazetted Officer or Head of an educational institution and submit the same at the designated offices of the Institute on or before the specified dates indicated on the portal. However, such candidates are also required to scan and upload their Certificate of Service on the portal.
Candidates can also do the following on the students’ portal on ICAI’s website.
- Update address or phone number or e-mail ID during the period when the form submission window is open.
- Submit the examination form online and pay the exam fee online during the specified period.
- Apply for a change of centre/medium/group during the specified period when Correction Window I or II is open.
- View, download and print admit cards during the specified period.
- View the status of exemption/s in a paper/s granted to them, valid for the forthcoming exams during the specified period.
- View their results during the specified period.
- View, download and print their marksheets [only CPT and Intermediate (IPC)] during the specified period.
- Apply for the verification of marks or certified copies of answer books during the specified period.
- Check the status of their application forms with respect to verification or certified copies of answer books.
- Apply for issue of duplicate marksheets and pass certificates and pay the applicable fee online, any time. Candidates are advised to take note of the above.