CA Intermediate Registration and Eligibility
CA Intermediate Eligibility
ICAI has introduced a new course, CA Intermediate, previously known as CA IPCC. The CA Intermediate examination will be conducted for the first time in May 2018.
1. Clearing CA Foundation or CPT Exam
- A candidate is eligible for Intermediate course only after clearing CA Foundation. Passing the (10+2) examination or other equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law is mandatory to appear in CA Foundation.
- A candidate who have already registered for Intermediate/ Professional Education (Course-II)/ or Professional Competence Course cum articleship.
- A candidate who have passed erstwhile Foundation Examination or Professional Education or Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
2. By Direct Entry Scheme
Another way is Direct Entry Scheme. By this scheme, candidate can enrol for CA Intermediate course directly after passing (10+2) examination and either of following graduations without going through either CPT or CA Foundation.Under Direct entry Scheme, candidates who have done/obtained the following are only eligible:
- Graduate/ Post Graduate in Commerce and has secured a minimum of 55% can register directly for CA Intermediate
- Students who are Non Commerce Graduates/ Post Graduates can also register for CA Intermediate by securing 60% marks in Graduation/ Post Graduation
- Candidates who have passed the Intermediate level examination conducted by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible under Direct entry Scheme and also exempted from qualifying Common Proficiency Test
CA Intermediate Registration Procedure
CA Intermediate registration has to be done by filling and submitting an online registration form which is available at https://www.icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=721&c_id=120
Step 1: Fill the required information.
Step 2: After filling the form, pay the required fee using the online payment gateway.
Step 3: After the payment has been made, the system will automatically generate the confirmation form, which the student needs to get printed.
Step 4: Within 7 days of the date of online registration, submit the registration confirmation form along with the following documents to the concerned Regional Office in consonance with the address, duly signed by the student.
- Demand Draft/Pay Order towards Intermediate (IPC) Course registration fee
- Submit certified copy of mark sheet of Class 12th or its equivalent Central Government acknowledged examination pass marks statement
- A copy of CPT Pass marks statement, if applicable (Students are advised not to wait for CPT marks statement from Examination division for registration to Intermediate (IPC) Course but proceed for Intermediate (IPC) Course registration with a copy of downloaded CPT mark statement)
- Candidates who have opted via Direct Entry Scheme have to submit certified copy of Graduation/ Post Graduation mark statements/mark sheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Recent colour photograph should be attached on the printed online successful registration confirmation form
- In case of foreign students, a copy of their nationality proof has to be send along with other documents.
- An attested copy of proof of special category certificate of SC/ST, OBC, and differently abled.
|Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa and Union Territories of Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Western India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN 27, Cuffe Parade, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005, Phone: 022-39893989 Fax: 022- 39802953, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and the Union Territories of Pondicherry and Lakshadweep Islands||Southern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN, 122, M.G. Road, Post Box No. 3314 Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600 034, Phone: 044 – 39893989,Fax: 044-30210355, E-mail: email@example.com|
|Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Orissa, West Bengal, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Andaman-Nicobar Islands||Eastern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN, 7, Anandilal Poddar Sarani (Russell Street) Kolkata – 700 071, Phone: 033-39893989, Fax: 033-30211145, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttaranchal, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand||Central India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN Post Box No. 314, 16/77B, Civil Lines, Behind Reserve Bank of India, Kanpur – 208 001 Phone: 0512-3989398, Fax: 0512-3011173 E-mail: email@example.com|
|Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and Union Territory of Chandigarh||Northern India Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI BHAWAN, 52-54,Institutional Area, Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara, Delhi 110032, Phone: 011-39893990, 30210601, Fax: 011-30210680, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Final Date for CA Intermediate Registration
ICAI conducts CA Intermediate exam twice a year in the months of May & November. Candidates who have passed CA CPT or CA Foundation should get themselves registered for CA INTER before the due date. Candidate can appear for CA Intermediate exams only 8 months after submitting the CA Intermediate Registration Form.
If you have completed your CA CPT or CA Foundation in June 2017, then you are eligible to get yourself registered for CA Intermediate, the very next day of your CA CPT or CA Foundation result. Registration is open throughout the year by ICAI. If you have registered on or before September 1st, 2017, then your first attempt will be on May 2018.
If you have completed your CA CPT or CA Foundation in December 2017, then you are eligible to get registered for CA Intermediate from the very next day of your CA CPT or CA Foundation result. If you have registered on or before March 1st, 2018, then your first attempt will be on November 2018.
|Last date for Registration||Examination|
|1st September of the previous year (2017)||May (2018)|
CA Intermediate Registration Fee Structure
Candidates appearing through Foundation Route can opt for registration for Group I or Group II or both groups of Intermediate Course while Direct Entry Route candidates have to register for both the groups only. Payment of the fee is to be made as per below chart:
|REGISTRATION OPTIONS||FOR BOTH GROUPS||Both Groups (US $)||EITHER GROUP I/II||Group I/ II (US $)|
|Student Activities Fee||2000||2000|
|Registration Fee as an Article Assistant (Must be paid along with registration fee by those candidates who are applying for both groups)||1000||Not required while registering for single group|
In addition to the above, direct entry students also need to register themselves for the ITT and OP training program before registering for the practical training each for 15 days.
The fee structure for these programs are:
- For ITT (Information Technology Training) Program is ? 6500/- inclusive of the study materials and refreshments provided by the ICAI.
- The fee for the OP (Orientation Program) is ? 7000/- inclusive of study materials and refreshments provided by the ICAI.
Validity Period for CA Intermediate Registration
Registration fee paid for CA Intermediate Course registration is valid for 4 years or for 8 attempts from which candidate is eligible for examinations. After 4 years, the candidate can revalidate it for further for 4 years period by paying revalidation fee of Rs.400/- or such, higher or lower amount, as decided by the Council from time to time.
Subjects in CA Intermediate Course
The subjects of Intermediate course are classified into two groups.
Paper-1: Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-2: Corporate Laws & Other Laws (100 Marks)
Section A: Company Law (60 Marks)
Section B: Other Laws (40 Marks)
Paper-3: Cost and Management Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-4: Taxation (100 Marks)
Section A: Income-Tax Law (60 Marks)
Section B: Indirect Taxes (40 Marks)
Paper-5: Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-6: Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
Paper-7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management (100 Marks)
Section A: Enterprise Information Systems (50 Marks)
Section B: Strategic Management (50 Marks)
Paper-8: Financial Management & Economics for Finance (100 Marks)
Section A: Financial Management (60 Marks)
Section B: Economics for Finance (40 Marks)