CA CPT Exam Date Dec 2017, CA CPT Exam Centres, Exam Timing & Session - Announced by ICAI
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has released the examination schedule for the Common Proficiency Test CA-CPT. The test will be held on 17th December 2017 in two sessions as described below.
The test will be conducted at 191 centres across India and at 5 overseas centres.
This announcement is for candidates who have enrolled themselves before 30th June 2017. To take CA-CPT, you need to apply online at http://icaiexam.icai.org from 4th October 2017 to 25th October 2017 (without a late fee) and by 1st November 2017 with a late fee of Rs 600. The exam fee has to be paid online by using either VISA or MASTER credit/debit card.
Negative Marking in CPT
CA-CPT is an objective, multiple choice questions examination. You must secure 30% marks in each section and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in all the four sections to pass the test. There are negative marks for wrong answers. Every incorrect answer carries a 0.25 negative mark. So you need to be careful before attempting any unknown answer.
7 Tips and Tricks
Here are seven tips to hit the mark in CA-CPT to fulfill your dream of becoming a Chartered Accountant.
- Never study something new during the last days.
- Practise test papers as much as you can to improve your speed and time management skills.
- Complete previous year question papers.
- Be positive and follow a healthy diet.
- Prepare your exam tool kit (pens and other stationery) the night before your exam.
- Try to answer questions you know because wrong answers carry negative marks.
- If you’re repeating CPT, go confidently in the direction of your dreams. You have another opportunity to get things right and clear the exam.
Strive for progress in this national level examination to get shortlisted in the course for Chartered Accountancy. If you have any doubt, feel free to ask CAprep18 experts who are available online 24/7.
Click here to check the official notification about CA-CPT from ICAI.