CA CPT Exam Paper Pattern 2017 (Dec)
The Common Proficiency Test or CPT is the first step to become a Chartered Accountant. A student needs to clear this test to enter the Chartered Accountancy course. CA CPT is an objective type multiple-choice questions based exam which is divided into two sessions. Each session consists of two hours. CA CPT is conducted twice a year—in June and in December. Aspirants who have registered with ICAI before 30 June 2017 are eligible to write CA CPT till June 2019. ICAI has announced that CA CPT will be held on 17th December 2017 at 191 centres across India and 5 centres overseas. It is important to know the CA CPT Exam paper pattern to prepare well for the exam.
The first session of CA CPT Exam Pattern has two sections which together consist of 100 marks. Candidates are allotted 2 hours to attempt the questions in the paper.
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting, 60 marks
• Theoretical Framework
• Accounting Process
• Bank Reconciliation Statement
• Depreciation Accounting
• Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Properties
• Accounting for Special Transactions
• Partnership Accounts
• Introduction to Company Accounts
Section B: Mercantile Law, 40 marks
• The Indian Contract Act, 1872
• The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
• The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
The second session of CA CPT again has two sections which consist of 100 marks. Students need to finish attempting the questions in 2 hours.
Section C: General Economics, 50 marks
• Micro Economics
- Introduction to Micro Economics
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Price Determination in Different Markets
• Indian Economic Development
- Indian Economy - A profile
- Select Aspects of Indian Economy
- Economic Reforms in India
- Money and Banking
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude, 50 marks
• Ratio and Proportion, Indices, Logarithms
• Simple and Compound Interest
• Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
• Sequence and Series - Arithmetic and Geometric Progressions
• Sets, Functions and Relations
• Limits and Continuity - Intuitive Approach
• Basic Concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)
• Statistical Description of Data
• Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
• Correlation and Regression
• Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
• Theoretical Distributions
• Sampling Theory
• Index Numbers
A student must secure at least 30% marks in each section and 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates also need to be careful before attempting any unknown answer because there is negative marking. Each incorrect answer carries 0.25 negative marks. The first session will be held in the morning (10:30 am to 12:30 pm) and the second session will be held in the afternoon (2:00 pm to 4:00 pm).
Now that you know the CPT paper pattern, it is time to find out the best platform which will improve your chance of clearing the exam this December. Today there are many e-learning portals which help students in exam preparation. But for CA exam preparations, you must select the best—one that is committed to producing CAs in the country. CAprep18 is a dedicated platform which helps candidates to perform better in CA exams. You can also keep yourself updated with all the latest announcements proposed by ICAI on our website.
Speak with us to resolve your doubts at your convenience. You can also test your preparation for CA CPT with our comprehensive test series and fulfill your dream to become a CA.
Blogs May Help You
CA CPT Exam Dec 2017 Study Materials