CA Foundation Course 2018 - Eligibility, Registration, Fee, Due Date
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has recently revised the curriculum. The objective behind the improved syllabus is to make aspirants more competitive worldwide. The course is also designed keeping in mind the current economic scenario. The revised scheme of Education and Training for the CA Foundation Course came into effect from 1st July 2017.
As per the proposed changes, the three levels are CA Foundation, CA Intermediate and CA Final. The CA Foundation exam will be held in May and November every year. The course is not new but revised. In addition, the Foundation exam will be both descriptive and objective. Under the new scheme, a student must achieve 40% in all the subjects and 50% marks in aggregate.
Eligibility for the CA Foundation Course:
• A student who has appeared in the Class 12 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by the Law in India can register for the Foundation Course.
• A registered student can appear in the Foundation exam after he/she qualifies the Class 12 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by the Law in India.
• A candidate who has undergone a minimum of four months of study after registration is eligible to answer the Foundation exam.
Registration to the CA Foundation Course:
• Candidates who appeared in the Class 12 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by the Law in India can register for the Foundation Course.
• The Foundation exam will be conducted twice a year: May and November.
• A student must complete 4 months of study to answer the Foundation exam.
• For an attempt in May, students must register before 31st December of the previous year.
• For an attempt in November, students must register before 30th June of the same year.
• The first Foundation exam according to the revised scheme will be held in May 2018 for which a student must register on or before 31st December 2017.
• After registering for the Foundation Course, aspirants are also required to fill in a separate application form to answer the exam.
CA Foundation Registration Fee:
Due date for CA Foundation Registration:
• The last date for CA Foundation Registration for the May 2018 attempt is 31st December 2017.
• The last date for CA Foundation Registration for the November 2018 attempt was 30th June 2017.
The CA Foundation Course registration is valid for 3 years and can be re-validated any number of times for a further 3 years by paying a re-validation fee of Rs 300 or as decided by the Council from time to time.
We will be glad to assist you in your CA Foundation exam preparations. So, if you are looking for focused CA preparation, check our website and register yourself to improve your chance of clearing the CA Foundation exam in the first attempt.
Share this information with your friends and CA aspirants.
To know more, read CA Foundation New Scheme v/s Old Scheme and understand the revised pattern in detail.