CA Foundation Registration Online 2018 | Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Fees and Last Date
Earlier, ICAI conducted CA CPT (Common Proficiency Test) exam twice in a year in the months of June and December. In the year 2016, ICAI announced that they are going to make changes in CA syllabus from 2018. They renamed CA CPT Course to CA Foundation course and they made some changes to the syllabus. Today we are providing complete details of CA Foundation course, How to register for CA Foundation course online, how much fee you have to pay for CA Foundation course, Eligibility and Due date for registration.
Students, who have registered before 30th June 2017, can write CA CPT exam (Old Syllabus) in June 2018, December 2018 and June 2019. If you will not pass CA CPT Exam in these three attempts, then you should write CA Foundation exam (New Syllabus) from November 2019.
Students who have registered after 1st July 2017, should write CA Foundation (New Syllabus) exam from May 2018.
CA Foundation Course Complete Details
Foundation Course is the entry level for Chartered Accountancy Course. Students after appearing in class 12th examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto can register for Foundation Course. Students can appear in the Foundation Examination after qualifying the senior secondary (10+2) examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto. Students after registration to the course are required to complete a minimum of 4 months study period from the date of registration in order to be eligible to appear in the Foundation Examination, i.e., students registered on or before 30th June/ 31st December will be eligible to appear in November/ May examination, as the case may be.
Check Eligibility and List of Examinations treated as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination from this link: CA Foundation Course Eligibility
Students who are Graduates/ Post Graduates with prescribed percentage marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) or Intermediate level examination passed students of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are exempted from passing Foundation Course. Such students on fulfilling the requirements can register directly to Intermediate Course.
Foundation Course comprises of four papers, out of which two are subjective and two are objective type. Negative marking for choosing wrong options is there in objective papers.
Foundation Examinations are held twice a year in the months of May and November. Examination Department issues notifications/announcements regarding the conduct of Foundation Examination on Institute’s website www.icai.org/Newspapers. The said notification contains the proposed Examination Centers, in India and abroad. After being registered for Foundation Course, students are also required to fill in separate application form for appearing in Foundation Examination.
Foundation Course registration is valid for 3 years and can be revalidated any number of times for further 3 years period by paying revalidation fee of Rs. 300/- or as decided by the Council from time to time.
CA Foundation Course Syllabus
Paper-1: Principles and Practice of Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-2: Business Law & Business Correspondence and Reporting (100 Marks)
- Section A: Business Law (60 Marks)
- Section B: Business Correspondence and Reporting (40 Marks)
Paper-3: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
- Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
Paper-4: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
Paper-3 and Paper-4 are objective type papers with negative marking.The Board of Studies issues comprehensive study materials covering all four subjects.
Passing Criteria in Foundation Examination
A Foundation Course candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination if he/ she obtains at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers, subject to the principle of negative marking.
CA Foundation Course Registration Fees for May/November 2018
CA Foundation Course Registration Last Date / Due Date For May/November 2018
If you want to write CA Foundation exam in May 2018, you should register before 31st December 2017.
If you want to write CA Foundation exam in November 2018, you should register before 30th June 2017.
CA Foundation Registration Procedure Online For May/November 2018
A candidate has to register for Foundation Course by filling Online Registration Form available on ICAI website (www.icai.org) in “Course Registration Forms” under “Students tab”. While filling the online form, candidates should take care of the following:
- After filling the Online Form, pay the required fees online using the payment gateway.
- On successful payment, the system will automatically generate the Form, which is to be printed.
Step by Step CA Foundation Registration Process Online
Go to ICAI official website: http://22.214.171.124/icaionlineform/defaul.aspx
Then click on the links
- New student (never enrolled for any course with ICAI
- Existing student (already enrolled for any course with ICAI
If you are a new student, then you have to enter following details.
Once you register, then ICAI will send login details to your Mail and Mobile Number.
Then, you should login with your User ID and Password in this link. Click Here.
Once you login, you can fill your remaining details there.
After successful payment, following documents are to be submitted to concern Regional Office within 7 days of the date of online registration along with the print out of the online registration form, duly signed by the candidate.
- The duly signed printout of online successful registration form in hard copy
- Attested copy of Admit Card / Mark sheet of Class 12 examination issued by the respective Board
- One recent colour photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if student is a foreigner
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e. SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled
-Attested copy of the 10th Mark sheet/ Admit Card of 10th class indicating the Name & Date of Birth
The form and documents are to be submitted in consonance with the address at the following Regional Offices:
Instructions while filling CA Foundation course online application form:
1. New student means students who have never applied for any course in ICAI, and never ever received Student Registration Number starting with NRO/SRO/ERO/WRO/CRONew students can only apply for Foundation Course and Intermediate through Direct Entry route
2. Existing student means student who has applied for any course in ICAI, and has received Student Registration Number starting with NRO/SRO/ERO/WRO/CRO
3. Existing users will be verified by their Student Registration Number starting with NRO/SRO/ERO/WRO/CRO and birth date.
4. Use your own email id and mobile number, future communication related to this portal will happen on them only.
5. Once registered an OTP (one-time password) will be sent on your registered email id/mobile number. Enter this detail in User verification screen.
6. Once registered, you will be allowed to apply for various courses.
7. If OTP is not received immediately then do not panic, it may receive after some time. After some time, you need to login again with your registered email id and password. Once verified you will be diverted to OTP verification screen, now enter received OTP and submit. If not received then click "Resend New OTP" button, a new OTP will be sent to your registered email id/mobile number
8. In your dashboard, list of an application form, which you have applied, will be displayed with status and form acknowledgment number. If you click on the acknowledgment number, the form submitted by you will be displayed (of which you can take printout and submit to ICAI Regional Office)
Payment Gateway Related Information
1. Always verify details entered before clicking on "Save and Pay" button, once clicked you will be diverted to payment gateway screen.
2. Enter payment gateway details and then proceed for payment (Here do not refresh or go back to the last page).After payment is done, you will be diverted to screen where details of your form will be displayed.
3. After payment is done, we will confirm receipt of payment only after payment is received in our bank account (this may take 2-4 working days)
4. The status of your payment will be displayed as "Payment not verified/confirmed" else, transaction details (amount, bank txn number, etc) of payment will be displayed.
5. In case even after 2-4 days, the status of your application is displayed as "Payment not verified/confirmed", then confirm with your bank first and then contact us.
I hope this article will help you to check CA Foundation course registration procedure online, Eligibility, Fees and Last date details.If you are facing any issue while register for CA Foundation course, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our toll-free number 1800-212-8575 We will try to help you. Also, share this article with your friends who are going to write CA Foundation exam.