Changes Proposed by ICAI as per new scheme of education
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Indiahas renamed CA CPT to CA Foundation course. The foundation exam will be conducted twice a year in May and November. While the new syllabus will be applicable from May 2018, fixed attempts will be made available for students registered with the old syllabus. General English and Business and Commercial Knowledge are the two subjects added to the new syllabus.
Subjects in New CA CPT/Foundation Course
Paper I: Principles and Practices of Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper 2: Mercantile Law & General English (100 Marks)
- Part I: Mercantile Law (60 Marks)
- Part II: General English (40 Marks)
Paper 3*: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
- Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
Paper 4*: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
*Paper 3 and Paper 4 will be Objective type papers
The executive summary of revised scheme of education and training can be viewed here.