How to Prepare For CA-CPT Law in 60 days?
With CA-CPT June 2018 exams knocking at the door, exam preparations are at its helm. The last couple of months are crucial: How students prepare in these two months will determine their chances of clearing. Due to the tremendous pressure, the last two months before CA-CPT June 2018 is also the time for great confusion. The fear of failure becomes the cause of failure, because students try to read, remember and absorb everything they can lay their finger on in the last few days before CA-CPT June 2018 exam.
Our CA experts have already taken it upon themselves to ensure that you crack CA-CPT June 2018 no matter what. So, let us work together to beat fear and conquer failure. Let us talk about the last minute tips and tricks for CPT Mercantile Law.
Steps to prepare for CA-CPT Law in 60 days
Step 1: Have an overview of the chapters, and understand the broad content and the sequence of various sub topics.
Step 2: Once you have grasped the essence of all important concepts, make your own notes. Come up with a concept register where you can review the concepts at a glance.
Step 3: While revising, attempt multiple types of objectives from Model Test Paper provided by ICAI.
Step 4: Compulsorily attempt to write one mock test before appearing for the exam.
Prioritizing chapters for CA-CPT Law
- Start with The Indian Contract Act, 1872. From last year paper analysis, our experts have observed that major questions are covered from these act in the CPT examination.
- Give second priority to other important chapters like Sales of good Act, 1930.
- And, lastly cover Indian Partnership Act, 1932.
Watch this video embedded below to get a glimpse of how to plan your study for CPT Mercantile Law.
CA-CPT Law Study Planner:
a) Regular College/Tuitions with Self-Study
Active Self Study Hours- Min. 6 Hours
Study at least 2 hours a day. Study Mercantile Law every alternate day.
Total Hours Spent: 2 Hours * 15 days * 2 months = 60 Hours
Divide your course with set targets for each day.
Ensure course completion at the earliest and devote maximum possible time practicing using PYPs and Mock Test Papers.
b) Only Self Study (on preparatory leave)- Strategy: Learning + Practice
Active Self Study Hours- Min. 12 Hours
Study 4 hours a day Mercantile Law every alternate day.
Total Hours Spent: 4 Hours * 15 days * 2 months = 60 Hours
Divide your course with set targets for each day.
Ensure conceptual learning with practice. Do practice using questions based on the learned concepts.
CA-CPT Law Study Schedule: Chapter-wise Important Topics
Indian Contract Act, 1872: These Chapter is categorized into 6 Units covering sections 1-75 dealing with general principles of the law of contract.
Unit 1 Nature of contracts:
- Definition , Essential and Types of Contracts
- Proposal / offer & Acceptance and rules related Communication
- Revocation of offer and Acceptance.
Unit 2 Consideration:
- Definition & Legal requirements of Consideration.
- Suit by third party to an agreement
- Validity of an Agreement without consideration
Unit 3 Other Essential Elements of Contract:
- Free Consent
- Capacity of Contract
- Lawful object and consideration of agreement expressly Declared void
Unit 4: Performance Of Contract :
- By whom a contract may be performed
- Liability of Joint promisor and promise
- Time and place for performance of the promise.
- Impossibility of performance
- Discharge Of a contract & Contract which need not to be performed.
Unit 5: Breach Of Contract:
- Anticipatory Breach of contract
- Actual Breach of Contract
- Measurement of Damages
- How to calculate the Damage.
Unit 6: Contingent and Special Contracts:
- Contingent Contract
- Rules relating to enforcement.
- Quasi Contract & Its Types.
The Sales of Goods Act, 1930: Comprises of 4 Units related to the Law of Sale of goods.
Unit 1:Fomation of the Contract Sale
- Contracts of sales & its essentials
- Distinction of sales with other similar Contracts.
- Subject matter of contract of Sale
Unit 2: Condition & Warranties.
- Definitions, Types of Conditions and warranties
- Doctrine of Caveat Emptor
Units 3: Transferring Ownership & Delivery of goods.
- Rules Related to passing of property transfer of titles
- Rules regarding delivery of goods
Units 4: Unpaid Seller.
- Rights of unpaid seller
- Right of parties in case of breach of contract.
- Auction Sale.
The Indian Partnership Act, 1932:Sub Divided into 3 units related to the law of partnership
Unit 1: General Nature of a Partnership.
- Definitions, essential elements of partnership
- Test of partnership
- Distinction with other forms of organization.
- Types of partner
- Minor’s position
Unit 2: Relations of Partners.
- Mutual Rights and Duties of partners
- Implied authority of partner
Units 3: Registration and dissolution of firm.
- Consequence of non-Registration
- Dissolution of firm and its consequences.
Types of Question to Be Expected in CA-CPT Law Exam
- True or False statements.
- MCQs based on case studies
- MCQs based on Practical Questions.
Students must note that sometimes the questions are asked in a roundabout way. At such times, the candidate must exercise enough caution while answering. To avoid silly mistakes, students must take some time to read the questions thoroughly. In some questions, one of the options may be either “None of these”. Such questions are very tricky and in 90% of the cases, this option will not be the answer. So, the last and the final tip to the students is to not be in a hurry while choosing options, to answer questions.