Latest update from ICAI about shifting elective paper in CA Final
Students appearing for CA Final 2018 Exams are requested to take note that under the Revised Scheme of Education and Training introduced by the ICAI they have to choose one of the following elective paper for CA Final. The examination of these Electives will be Open Book and Case Study based.
- 6A Risk Management – Taking this as an elective will help you understand the spectrum of risks that a business undergoes. Here, you will also acquire knowledge and insight about addressing and managing such risks in real-life scenario. Students targeting for a career in risk control, risk management or business analysis should choose this as elective.
- 6B Financial Services & Capital Markets – This subject focuses on core finance which involves capital market understanding, money management, and services provided by financial institutions and banks. Take it up as an elective will be beneficial for you if you want a career in investment banking, equity research or credit analysis
- 6C International Taxation – The scope of this subject spans concepts, provisions, and principles related to international taxation. It focuses on subjects like transfer pricing, prevention of black money, and taxation practices that prevail in International markets. This elective is best suited for students who aspire to become tax advisors or professional tax consultants.
- 6D Economic Laws – This subject will help you to develop an understanding of the provisions of different laws and apply the same to address real-life business issues. You can take this up as an elective if you are interested in legal counseling as a career.
- 6E Global Financial Reporting Standards – As the name suggests, students who opt for this paper get an opportunity to study and understand the principles of International Financial Reporting Standards. You will hereby learn to address issues and make computations in real-life scenarios. You can take it up as elective if you want a career in Financial Accounting, Audit and Reporting practices.
- 6F Multidisciplinary Case Study – This subject will include case studies covering areas like Financial Accounting and Reporting, Taxation, Finance and Financial Management, Corporate Laws and more. Students who want to make a career in consulting or analysis can benefit by taking this up as an elective.
Given below is a list of questions that students commonly ask about the elective paper in CA Final.
- When do I have to choose my elective paper for CA Final – Students have to choose elective paper for CA Final at the time of registration. Please refer to the list given above to know your options. You have to pick one out of the six choices.
- Can we change elective paper in CA final – Students can change the elective any time after filling between registration and before filling the examination form. However, once candidates fill the exam form, they cannot change their elective for that particular exam.
- What if I cannot clear the exam in the chosen elective – In that case, you can opt for another elective, but you have to do so before filling the examination form for the next examination.
- I have opted an elective initially, but have changed it later. How can I get my study material? – Please note that ICAI will only provide the study material for the elective that you had initially opted for. If you wish to procure the study material for the elective that you have later chosen, you will have to purchase it separately.
The ICAI has conducted Online mentoring sessions to guide the students about the manner to deal with case studies in forthcoming exam. To watch the recorded version, watch the links below:
Click here for Risk Management: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtNnNWXsS8
Click here for Financial Services & Capital Markets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJvCLMcLuTU
Click here for International Taxation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgk2QI7CEo
Click here for Economic Laws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_-jMy1hUHg
Click here for Global Financial Reporting Standards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OctGGT2YU8
Click here for Multidisciplinary Case Study: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_AOupjpuGo