Tips to crack CA Foundation in your first attempt
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has recently revised its curriculum. The course is designed keeping in mind the existing economic scenario. The revised scheme of the Education and Training for the CA course came into effect from 1st July 2017. According to the proposed changes, the three levels are CA Foundation, CA Intermediate and CA Final. The exam will comprise 4 papers – 2 objective and 2 subjective. Under the revised module, a student must achieve 40% marks in all the subjects and 50% in aggregate.
Now, let’s quickly discuss the things you should be doing right now to crack CA Foundation:
1. Don’t start anything new - It is not advisable to start with new, untouched topics just a few days before the exam. This will lead to confusion, and you will run the risk of forgetting things that you already know due to excessive stress.
2. Count on your strengths - By now, you already know your strong areas in all the 4 subjects in CA Foundation. As a part of your last minute revision strategy, take tests or solve sample papers based on your strong areas. This will boost your confidence, and give you a good head start.
3. Re-structure your revision strategy - Have you been revising the topics randomly? We have a concrete plan as to how you should go about it. Firstly, combine one theory subject with one practical subject. Secondly, while revising the topics from a particular subject, consider it’s weightage from the exam perspective. Thirdly, set daily revision targets. Doing smart revision is a sure shot way to crack CA Foundation.
4. Practice, practice, and practice – This is the best last minute exam tip to CA Foundation students. Go through concept registers, and revision notes, and practice with sample papers in an exam-like environment. Constant practice builds time management skills which are crucial to crack the exam.
5. Glance through only the most important questions - Say you are revising accounts or maths, there is no need to solve each and every problem. Solve the most crucial or tricky once that you think will be important from the exam perspective. Glance through formulas in maths and accounts, browse through the amendments for Law and brush up the important facts and figures in Economics while practicing.
6. Take mock tests - Take as many mock tests as you can. Analyze your mistakes and learn from them before it’s too late. However, if you score low in the mock tests, don’t get bogged down. You still have a few days in hands, and you can work wonders if you have the seeking spirit to learn from your mistakes. Similarly, if you score well, don’t let that get in your head. There’s still some room for improvement, so work on it.
7. Maintain a positive attitude - This goes without saying. Don’t stress yourself to the point of exhaustion. And, don’t forget to get a good sleep at night. Have faith in the hard work you have put in so far.
8. Take good care of your health - It is very important that you take very good care of your health. Avoid eating junk food, and take necessary precautions so that you don’t fall sick just a few days before the exam.
Here are a few tips which will help you clear the CA Foundation exam in the first attempt:
• Since the course is revised, try to read the syllabus. This will help you to understand the modifications proposed by ICAI.
• Studying every day is important when you aspire to clear a national level examination. It facilitates you to appreciate the concept in detail and helps you to avoid anxiety during the last-minute cram.
• In the revised syllabus, you will have 2 subjective papers and 2 objective papers. The sure shot way is to set up your own notes and revisit them on a regular basis. It helps when you read in your own words so that you understand concepts better.
• When it comes to preparing for CA, it is important to select the right place for guidance. There are many coaching centers today in India but finding the best becomes a pain for a student. With the availability of online classes, candidates can now save a lot of time.
While you follow the above preparation plan, it becomes significant to discover how your groundwork is different from your peers. Ask yourself: How can I improve my chance of clearing the most committed entry level exam?
CA professionals at CAprep18.com recommend that candidates become more tech-savvy. With the latest technology, learning has become more fun and convenient. Complement your preparation with the recorded video lectures of J.K. Shah Classes. That’s right! At CAprep18, you can easily access lectures delivered by the faculty of the most dedicated institute which has been producing CAs for the last 34 years. Learn anytime-anywhere while still continuing with your schedule.
If you are looking for a devoted study and preparation platform, register yourself with CAprep18 and improve your chances of clearing the CA Foundation exam in one go.
All said and done, watch this video where our expert further elaborates on the best hacks on how to crack CA Foundation in first attempt. Hope this helps. All the best.